Adidas running sneakers
Adidas has become an authority in the running world with its continuous pursuit for innovative technologies that would aide runners achieve their personal best. At the flip of the century, Adidas rocked the world when it hooked up with German chemical manufacturer BASF and developed the most responsive cushioning ever, the Boost technology. This sparked the release of some of the highly sought after running shoes like Adidas Energy Boost, Adidas Pure Boost Go, Adidas Ultra Boost.
The craze over athleisure fashion pushed the brand to reinvent its athletic shoe profiles and come up with Adidas running-inspired sneakers. The tech features on the reinvented models were toned down while providing comfort and clean styling, from minimalist Adidas NMDs to bulky Adidas Falcons.
Popular Adidas sneakers inspired by Running shoes
We have collated some of the highly lauded Adidas running designed sneakers and grouped them accordingly into low-top, mid-top, and high-top kicks.
Adidas Tubular Shadow
The Adidas Tubular Shadow is a hybrid version of the Tubular II classic 90s running shoe and the sock-like form of the Adidas Tubular Runner. Like the millennial running shoe, this version from the Adidas Tubular collection features a wraparound tongue that hugs the feet like a burrito. The earlier profiles of these low-top sneakers are crafted for the women’s feet until newer designs for men sprung later on.
More tidbits about the Tubular Shadow kicks:
- Regardless of the color or material, these new Adidas running-inspired sneakers can be seized at a very affordable rate of $100.
- For $130, you may create your customized look of the Tubular Shadow via mi Adidas.
- The felt-like leather models come in chalk white or core black uppers with iridescent midsoles and tri-colored outsoles.
Different upper materials and colorways:
- Textile and ripstop structured uppers are dressed in night cargo, core black, and maroon.
- Two-toned soft knit top with pigskin Nubuck detailing are presented with a zebra-like motif or rippled design in core black, charcoal, solid grey, and tactile green.
- For a touch of shimmer, there’s a knitted version with metallic detailing for the females in platin/platin/clear brown.
- Males can own collegiate burgundy with waxed canvas tops and two-tone knit underlays.
- Another variation is the Adidas Tubular Shadow Knit, available in men’s sizes from 6 to 14 US and in women’s sizes from 4.5 to 11 US.
The sleek and minimalistic Adidas X_PLR, also called the “poor man’s NMD,” has been stripped off of the trademark Adidas technologies fitted for hardcore running like the responsive Boost midsole but offers comfort, athleisure aesthetics, and adequate support using lightweight cushioning EVA midsole.
Other details on Adidas X_PLR sneakers:
- The X_PLR has a lightweight mesh-lined knit top with Nubuck leather detailing.
- A speed lacing system which is commonly seen in Adidas running shoes like the Adidas Terrex X King is integrated to the saddle, bearing Three Stripes branding.
- These Adidas running-influenced sneakers are affordably marked at $85 and can be purchased in men’s sizing from 5 to 14 US.
- Aside from pure white shade, this model is also obtainable in collegiate navy, sesame (light tan), clear brown, trace khaki, petrol night, dark blue, black, red or scarlet, and a lot more.
- A winter-ready, boot-like version of this model is the Adidas X_PLR Sneakerboot, reasonably priced higher at $130 with the addition of water-resistant PrimaLoft insulation.
Adidas ZX Flux
The iconic 1980s Adidas ZX Runner shows up with a modernized street-ready form, the ZX Flux. The old school runner is whipped up with high-grade woven fabric upper with noticeable coarse texture. This versatile sneaker with one-piece mesh top fits with activewear like jogger pants, tracksuits, and leggings, as well as casual wear like tapered jeans, cargos, and capris.
Notable details on the low-top ZX Flux:
- Colors range from monotonous black and white, grey, dark blue, burgundy, cargo, to flashy ones like the shock pink, plus a mix of different upper patterns.
- Although priced a bit steep at $150 a pair, this much sought after sneaker from the Adidas ZX collection is said to be a dependable mate for all-day activities.
- Women styles can be seized at 5.5 to 11 US, while the men’s designs are from 3.5 to 19 US.
- If you prefer a simpler look minus the TPU heel cage, you may grab the women’s exclusive ZX Flux ADV Verve. For a little shimmer, there’s the unisex snakeskin-styled Adidas ZX Flux Xeno.
- The unisex Adidas ZX Flux Primeknit is a lighter alternative.
- Budget-friendly low-top Adidas ZX options are the Adidas ZX 700 at $110 and the Adidas ZX 750, $100.
The Adidas NMD_C2, still with a running-inspired cut, is garbed with pigskin Nubuck and full-grain leather accent instead of the usual Primeknit upper, giving this shoe a sporty yet classy finish.
More quick details about these sporty yet stylish NMDs:
- These sneakers carry the springy Boost cushioning property as seen in the early Adidas NMD kicks.
- The tongue is unlined but has neoprene insert at the back of the heel for added padding and support.
- Structured like Adidas running sneakers in men’s sizing, these lifestyle shoes are up for grabs from sizes 5 to 14 US.
- Though initially priced at $160 a pair, these are well worth one’s hard earned money as they are equipped with premium materials.
- Simple brown and core black are the colorways available for these fashionable yet sporty sneakers.
One of the fashion-forward and ubiquitous styles belonging to the Adidas NMD lineup is the highly sought after Adidas NMD_R1. It features the familiar sock-like, knitted top, welded labeling on the sides, and the much talked about bouncy Boost midsole. You can pair this up and look effortlessly cool with cropped shorts, skinny track pants, ripped jeans, midi dresses, and tailored hip-hugging skirts.
A lowdown on the highly popular NMD_R1:
- With its generously cushioned sole, heaps of users consider this their prized possession, valued originally at $130.
- Adidas NMD_R1 kicks are offered in black, white, grey, pink, solar orange, green camo, and red.
- Another the variation of the NMD_R1 is the Adidas NMD_R1 Primeknit that’s priced at $170.
- Sizing options are from 5 to 14 US and 5 to 11 US in men’s and women’s respectively.
- Some of the following styles that eliminated the blocks on the lateral side are the Adidas NMD_R2, which retailed at $130 and the special edition Adidas NMD_R2 CNY at $150.
Another minimalist Adidas running shoe inspired profile that’s causing a buzz among NMD die-hards is the Adidas NMD_XR1. Its breathable mesh upper makes it a comfortable shoe to wear for multiple activities, from casual workout to running the day’s errands, shopping, to dining out. The bootie construction with pull tab on the heel allows users to slip into the shoe with ease which makes it a type of kick worth sporting any time of the day.
Some of the salient details on this Adidas NMD model:
- The most prominent feature on this model is the caging system with mesh window.
- Like other NMDs, this one sits on a Boost midsole that offers pillowy cushioning.
- Dressed in tons of colorways like green, grey, burgundy, plus different mesh patterns like camo, and linear ones in clear granite and utility ivy.
- These well-assembled sneakers are priced quite expensive at $150.
- Designs fitted for the men’s are available in sizes 6.5 to 14, while those for the women’s are from 5 to 13 US.
- The Adidas NMD_XR1 Primeknit is an incredibly stylish remake that’s priced higher at $180.
Adidas EQT Support ADV
Chains of retro Adidas running sneakers are constantly popping these days with a strong street cred, such as the Adidas EQT Support ADV that’s garbed with a well ventilated and light-bearing mesh upper. The significant aspect of this sock-like shoe is the TPU heel and midfoot caging that enhance support on sides and back areas. Although other models under the Adidas EQT line have the ultra-responsive Boost tech, the Adidas EQT Support ADV has compression-molded EVA foam that serves as shock absorption.
Essential tidbits on these Adidas EQT sneakers:
- These modified cuts are done in cloud white and core black.
- These can be bought for a song with a retail cost of $110. Another variation of the same value is the Adidas EQT Support ADV 91/16 which has improved knitting pattern on top and mix of colors.
- The extra stylish ones like the Adidas EQT Support ADV CNY (Chinese New Year) and Adidas EQT Support ADV Primeknit are valued each at $140.
- The dressed up EQT Support 93/17, with Boost midsole, costs at a steeper $180.
A fresh and bestselling entry under the women’s Adidas Originals lineup is the Arkyn. It is made of lightweight and foot-hugging mesh upper, and responsive Boost midsole. What makes this profile a cut above the rest is its aesthetically designed lacing structure. Specifically made for styling and lockdown fit, the rope laces are looped through TPU wings on the front and rear sides.
A quick detailing on the low-top Arkyn sneakers:
- These Adidas running-inspired sneakers in women’s sizing are available in 5 to 11 US.
- Adidas played with interesting mishmash of colors for this model, from glow (neon green)/semi solar yellow/grey, blue tint/raw grey/grey, grey/clear orange/grey, steel/ blue tint/ sesame, steel/grey/ash pearl, to core black/trace maroon/mystery ruby.
- Though priced a quite expensive at $140, reviewers find this a worthy investment with its high-grade craftsmanship, trendy look, and cushioned sole.
- A variation of this style is the Adidas Arkyn Primeknit that’s priced a little bit higher at $150.
Adidas Climacool 1
The Adidas Climacool running shoes from the early 2000s are turned into street-appropriate sneakers with air vents all over as demonstrated by the low-top Adidas Climacool 1 kicks. These Adidas Climacool sneakers remain breathable with the use of open mesh textile on top in a circular pattern which is hugged by transparent TPU midfoot caging structure for added tech feel. The sporty visage of these reformed Climacool varieties melds suitably with a broad selection of outdoor, athletic, fitness, or workout clothing, especially with pants that crease, taper, or hug at the hem.
Quick stats about these Adidas shoes:
- These new Adidas running-styled shoes boast 360-angle breathability coupled by the trademark side ventilation units which all together give justice to its Climacool branding.
- These sneakers appear in multiple colorways from white, black to dark blue, solid grey, solar red, black-red, collegiate red, pink, orange, yellow, green and so on.
- Given its tech-inspired elements, these kicks are offered at a reasonable cost of $120 a pair.
- Other much-sought models from the same collection are the Adidas Climacool 02.17 with a noticeable midfoot shank and thick sole and the ultra-modern Adidas Climacool 02.17 Primeknit.
Adidas Cloudfoam Race
Cloudfoam is the less expensive type of cushioning unit used in Adidas lifestyle kicks. It may not be as soft as the extremely responsive Boost midsole used in other styles like the Adidas NMD_R1 Primeknit and Adidas Yeezy Boost 700, but it’s definitely bears less weight. The Adidas Cloudfoam Race is one of the many profiles under the Adidas Cloudfoam collection that took the traditional façade of Adidas running shoes that’s fitting for different widths of casual and workout pants.
Other information about the Cloudfoam Race:
- Sneakers under the Adidas Cloudfoam collection are initially made for the average-spending consumers. Thus, the Adidas Cloudfoam Race kicks are marked to be downright affordable at $65.
- Breathable mesh covers the upper.
- The ankle collar and tongue are padded, while its inner sole and thick midsole have Cloudfoam technology.
- This unisex shoe is made into white, black, grey, trace cargo, navy shades.
- The Cloudfoam Race can be grabbed at sizes 5 to 11 US and 6.5 to 14 US in women’s and men’s respectively.
Adidas Deerupt Runner
The Deerupt Runner is like a multi-colored fish caught in a white net. Its asymmetrical, boot-like profile is lovingly dressed with different knitted shades overlapped with stretchy white grid webbing for added texture, design, and partly compression. It offers a nice punch to solid toned pants and capris.
A rundown of other Adidas Deerupt Runner details:
- The colors available for this style are from monochromatic to multi-toned.
- These minimally structured Adidas running-designed shoes are available from 5 to 11 US in women’s sizing and 4 to 14 US, men’s which many find to be half size smaller than their typical fit.
- These stylish 2018 kicks made with EVA midsole and cushy OrthoLite sockliner are offered at a wallet-friendly rate of $100. The same goes with the brightly and multi-hued Deerupt Pride.
- A bit pricier with the addition of the Boost technology is the Deerupt Runner Parley that costs $120.
Good old daddy shoes are back. One of the hottest items in the Adidas Originals that’s been teasing women buyers with its multi-layered façade and chunky sole is the Adidas Falcon. Outfitted with multiple color combinations, the upper is a mishmash of leather and mesh which offer a sporty yet chic spirit when merged with crop tops and joggers, mesh back tank tops with capris, puffer jackets, sports bras, and running tights, or graphic tees with slim-fitting pants.
Other snippets about the low-top Adidas Falcon:
- These all beefed-up Adidas sneakers have sufficient space in the front for the toes to splay.
- Its width is relatively large that’s good news for broad footed wearers. Narrow-footed buyers opted to size down in half for a more suitable fit.
- The EVA foam compound offers impact absorbing benefits.
- Though robust, these Adidas running-profiled sneakers are surprisingly light in weight and budget which retailed at $100.
- Adidas Falcon comes in tons of color options from cloud white, raw grey, raw pink, core black, plus a lot mor
- These women’s Adidas running-influenced sneakers are offered in sizes from 5 to 10 US.
The Three-Stripes brand pushed aside its thickset Boost tech and introduced a new Adidas running-designed sneaker branded as the Adidas Prophere to adhere to the rage over bulky, oversized casual kicks. This low-top Adidas sneaker that speaks so much of the 1990s fashion is cushioned and supported by a resilient polyurethane midsole.
Other proponents of the Adidas Prophere:
- Three strips of Nubuck leather on the sides mimicking its logo and functioning as midfoot caging panels add character to this shoe.
- The PU midsole is denser than typical EVA foam or lightweight Boost, but it’s elastic and long-enduring.
- Its knit cover isn’t as stretchy as Primeknit but still keeps the weight of the shoe down.
- The men’s sizes run from 5 to 14 US and available in grey, carbon, core black, onyx, and trace khaki. The women’s sizes are from 5 to 11 US and obtainable in real teal, maroon, white, and night cargo (olive).
- A good value for money that’s priced at $120.
Other famous low-top Adidas running kicks
- Adidas Iniki Runner, $120
- Adidas New York, $100
- Adidas NMD_CS1 GTX Primeknit, $230
- Adidas EQT Support RF, $110
- Adidas Flashback, $85
Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit
Considered as a spot-on athleisure hybrid kick with its one-piece sock-like upper made of advanced knitting technology is the mid-top sneaker charmer, the Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit. This silhouette emerging from the NMD lineage comes sleek with a woven material that swaddles the feet for a secured and lockdown comfort.
Added factors about these mid-top NMD sneakers:
- Everything on the upper rests on a flexible Boost midsole which serves as a buffer between the ground and feet.
- For a snug comfort, you may obtain an exact-to-size fit. But for a roomier feel, you may go a half size up.
- These Adidas running-inspired sneakers are done in women’s and men’s sizing, particularly 5.5 to 11 US for the former and 5 to 13 US for the latter.
- The use of an angular collar design for this model is the noticeable difference between this shoe and the NMD_CS1 PK.
- Both NMD_CS1 PK and NMD_CS2 PK which are loaded with Adidas top features are retailed at $180 a pair.
Adidas Tubular Defiant
Almost resembling the Adidas Tubular Runner with its protruding tongue, this mid-top Adidas Tubular Defiant is a head-turner. Dressed in stretch-jersey bootie upper, leather detailing, and mono-mesh quarter panel, this Y-3 inspired profile turns up well with leg-hugging pants, capris, tights, track pants that taper at the hem.
Tidbits about these Adidas Tubular kicks:
- These women’s exclusive Adidas running sneakers are wrapped with neoprene uppers.
- The maxi-sized elastic across the upper keep the feet locked in place.
- The pull strap on the tongue and pointy rear side help ankle up this shoe.
- It comes in oodles of colors to fit the varying taste of female consumers.
- A pair is reasonably valued at $110.
Other mid-top running sneakers by Adidas
- Adidas AW Run Mid, $220
- Adidas Cloudfoam Lite Racer Mid, $75
- Adidas Cloudfoam Super Daily Mid, $75
- Adidas EQT Support Mid ADV Primeknit, $160
- Adidas NMD_CS1 Parley Primeknit, $220
- Adidas NMD_CS1 Primeknit, $180
- Adidas Splendid, $90
- Adidas x The Good Will Out NMD_CS1, $220
Adidas NMD_XR1 Winter
Another Boost integrated sneaker but in a high-top format is the Adidas NMD_XR1 Winter. Like the low-top NMD_XR1, this kick is supported by a midfoot caging panel where rope laces are looped through for added styling and foothold. Unlike the NMD_XR1 Primeknit, this shoe is prepped for the inclement weather using a thicker knitted mesh that hugs the feet and ankle like a compression sock.
Some of the distinctive elements of this Adidas NMD sneaker:
- This high-top sneaker comes with a ribbed collar and welded seams which safeguard the feet during the cold
- An insulated lining adds warmth to the feet.
- The midfoot cage is made of leather with a water-repellant
- Some of the shades available for these Adidas running-inspired sneakers in men’s sizing are grey, red, beige with raw gold, and olive.
- The sizes stretch from 3.5 to 18 US.
- Loaded with premium detailing, expect to shell out a hefty $170 for these winter-ready kicks.
Adidas EQT Support ADV Winter
Another high-top sneaker that’s geared up for the cold months is the Adidas EQT Support ADV Winter. Similar with the NMD_XR1 Winter, this Adidas running influenced sneaker in men’s sizing has a bootie-structure with ribbed ankle design. These sock-like constructed sneakers give a nice pop to your jeans, joggers, thermal pants, or winterized tracksuits with its unique built and eye-popping colors and reflective detailing.
Other essential tidbits on these Adidas EQT sneakers:
- The feet get a lockdown fit with the flexible molded TPU heel and midfoot panel.
- Its breathable knit upper is lined with a winter-proof membrane.
- These are priced at $150 which is quite higher than the low-top EQT Support sneakers but worth its value considering its form and function.
- The sizes available for these winterized shoes are 4 to 14 US. Those with wide feet may have to size up as it may feel quite tight on the sides.
Other high-top Adidas running shoes
- Adidas Tubular Doom Primeknit, $160
- Adidas Tubular Instinct, $120
- Adidas ZX Flux 5/8, $120
Frequently Asked Questions on running sneakers by Adidas
1. What are the lowest-priced running-influenced sneakers by Adidas?
The Adidas Cloudfoam sneakers which are under the Adidas NEO line are created for average-spending consumers, which is why these are among the most affordable lifestyle kicks being offered by the brand. Cloudfoam kicks typically run from $60 to $85. Below are some of the other low-priced varieties:
- Adidas City Racer, $60
- Adidas Ultimafusion, $75
- Adidas Forest Grove, $80
- Adidas Flashback, $85
- Adidas Haven, $90
2. What are the typical tech features found in running-inspired shoes by Adidas?
- Primeknit – an advanced knitting tech used for the upper that usually gives the shoe a soft, form-fitting look.
- Cloudfoam – a lightweight cushioning feature commonly used in the midsole and sockliner for in-step comfort.
- Boost – a super squashy and most responsive midsole cushioning element that buffers the feet from impact.
3. Are there Adidas running-styled sneakers obtainable in women’s sizing?
Yes. There are Adidas running shoes specifically designed for the ladies. Below are some examples with their corresponding prices:
- Adidas Arkyn, $140
- Adidas Falcon, $100
- Adidas Tubular Defiant, $110
- Adidas Cloudfoam QT Racer, $65
- Adidas EQT Racing ADV Primeknit Shoes, $150
- Adidas FLB_Runner, $100
- Adidas Ultimafusion, $75
- Adidas Ultimamotion, $80
4. How to get a women’s size if the Adidas running-designed sneaker is available in men’s sizing?
A lot of Adidas running sneakers are available in men’s sizing. However, women shoppers should not be discouraged from obtaining their desired running-inspired kicks by Adidas in men’s sizes. They merely need to go 1.5 smaller to achieve an equivalent men’s size.
5. What are the popular Adidas white running sneakers available in the market?
Below are some of the Adidas kicks with immaculate white façade from top to bottom:
- Adidas X_PLR
- Adidas ZX Flux
- Adidas Climacool 1
- Adidas Cloudfoam Race
- Adidas EQT Support ADV Cloud
- Adidas Falcon
- Adidas Prophere
6. What are the priciest running sneakers by Adidas?
Adidas’ collaboration with prominent personalities led to the release of some of the most luxurious running-inspired kicks that are tagged with head-turning appeal fitted for style-savvy users. Among these heavyweights, pricing-wise, are the following:
- Adidas Y-3 Pure Boost, $320 (Yohji Yamamoto)
- Adidas Yeezy Boost 700, $300 (Kanye West)
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Ultra Boost, $220 (Stella McCartney)
- Adidas AW Run Mid, $220 (Alexander Wang)
- Adidas NMD_CS1 Parley Primeknit, $220 (Parley for the Oceans)
7. Where can I purchase Adidas running shoes?
You can purchase Adidas running sneakers in Adidas outlets and flagship stores globally, as well as from affiliated retailers, and sports apparel boutiques online. RunRepeat is also a convenient online channel where you can easily obtain your preferred cut, color, fit and sizing of Adidas running sneakers through its partner retailers. This site also comes with detailed information about the shoes as it aims to help you in deciding on your next sneaker purchase.
8. How do I clean my Adidas running sneakers?
Here’s a quick guide on how to clean your knitted or leather covered sneakers:
- Take out the laces and insoles and remove dirt and soil from the shoe using an old toothbrush or soft brush.
- Using a warm washcloth, remove any dirt or grime from the shoe.
- Combine water and environment-friendly laundry solution, and scrub off any stains using a soft Begin from the upper and midsole before going for the outsoles.
- Rinse off or remove excess suds and soap.
- Put the laces and insoles in a pillowcase and run in a washing machine using a mild
- Air dry your shoes at room temperature. Do not expose them under the sun to prevent the soles from getting yellow stains or warping.
9. Can I toss my sneakers in the washing machine?
Most Adidas running sneakers can be cleaned in the washing machine, specifically, those made of canvas, rubber, and knit, including Primeknit. Remove the laces and sockliners and place them in a laundry net. Use eco-friendly detergent and allow them to spin in cold temp setting. You must remember though that suede and real leather variations are NOT washer friendly. For leather covered kicks, you may follow the steps in #8.
10. How to style up Adidas running kicks?
Adidas running-styled sneakers can be paired with activewear like regular athletic running shoes. The low-top, straightforward designs can be fused with several casual wear like jeans, tracksuits, cargos, capris, and shorts. The mid-tops and high-top Adidas running sneakers are generally pleasing with skinny pants and bottoms that taper at the hem.
15 best Adidas running sneakers
- Adidas NMD_R1
- Adidas Swift Run
- Adidas U_Path Run
- Adidas Falcon
- Adidas NMD_R1 Primeknit
- Adidas Yung-96
- Adidas EQT Support 93/17
- Adidas I-5923
- Adidas Deerupt Runner
- Adidas Lite Racer Adapt
- Adidas X_PLR
- Adidas Cloudfoam Ultimate
- Adidas Nite Jogger
- Adidas Questar Flow
- Adidas Ozweego
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...